2.26.2010

Buffalo Chip Lovin'


I have a love/hate relationship with these chips.  I love them because they are amazing.  I hate them because I can't stop eating them.  They somehow pack bold and delicious buffalo flavor into a tiny chip without the use of any mysteriously incriminating neon orange powders that most flavor-packing chips have.  In fact, there isn’t really any powder coating on them at all. Upon first bite you think to yourself, “Okay, well this is good but it tastes like any old tortilla chip.”  Then, just as you are about to call their bluff on the emblazoned “buffalo” claim on the bag, it happens.  It subtly creeps up on you and then BANG!  It’s like a kick in the taste buds of deliciously spicy buffalo sauce (without the sauce of course).  Plunge them in a little ranch or blue cheese dip (if you want to be traditional) and you’ve got yourself a party!

I think that this company is doing great things to the snaking world.  Unfortunately no one is paying me to advertise these chips so you know that I mean it.  (However, I will add the subtle hint that if the folks at "Food Should Taste Good" wanted to send me some of these chips as a thank you for the free advertising, I would gladly accept with very open arms.)  They have other great flavors as well which are all very good, but none quite like the buffalo flavor.  I bought these at Whole Foods and I've seen them at my Stop and Shop in the Natural Foods section.  If you give them a try, let me know how you like them!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I haven't seen these before - I'm going to have to look for them...I'm currently addicted to the 'Food Should Taste Good' sweet potato chips.....
Only the single serving size though - the full size isn't allowed in my apartment :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just found these at my local grocer's, I tried and loved the Olive tortilla chips. Bomb.

The Small Boston Kitchen said...

I am a HUGE fan of these...I keep coming across new flavors too! Just the other day I saw a lime version and then a chocolate one. Not too sure about the chocolate one by might try some sort of dessert thing with them?

What's Hot From The Small Boston Kitchen