5.29.2010

Green Thumb Update

One of my readers had asked for an update on how my little city herb garden was growing and it occurred to me that it certainly has been a while since I've provided an update.  (Thanks for the reminder Terrianne!)  My little herbies are doing well, although it was touch-and-go for a while with my cilantro plant.  That sucker just didn't want to grow.  On the other hand, my basil plant has totally taken off.  I'm just waiting for some fresh tomatoes to show up at the farmer's market and then its hello yumminess!  Here are some pictures on how my little guys are doing...
Aren't they just the cutest?

3 comments:

Lara @ GoodCookDoris said...

I tried growing basil and cilantro last year. My basil was great - but it was a struggle to keep the cilantro going. Let me know if you figure out how to keep your cilantro healthy! This year I'm trying chives and lime basil.

The Small Boston Kitchen said...

What is it with cilantro? Why is it so stubborn? How are the chives coming? I almost grew those but thought cilantro would be great for the summer. Now it just needs to grow!

Terrianne, Call me Ree said...

I've been away for a while but I was thinking about your plants and came by your blog just to get an update. Thank you! =) Your herbs looks gorgeous. They're coming along wonderfully. I'm sure, as this was posted in May, your herbs are thriving and getting a lot of use by now. My pot garden is in full gear. I have new tomatoes and bell pepper and stawberries budding. I think I have officially brought my cumcumber plants back from the brink of death. I am mostly using my basil...mostly on pizza. ;-)p It's time for me to transfer my jalapenos into bigger pots. I'm really excited. Everything I'm growing is so much bigger than just two weeks ago when I posted an update on my blog. I'm going to have to post another soon. Is there any room for you to place your pots outside? They really love fresh air. In this heat I'm watering three times a day, They really need it. Thanks again for the update. I've just been through several pages of your posts' and everything looks absolutely marvelous!

What's Hot From The Small Boston Kitchen