- Scallops have 25 eyes. Freaky, right? But kind of cool too. Because they are shucked at sea, we only see them as those flabby disks.
- Dover sole only comes from Dover, England and if you're not paying a boat load for it than it's probably flounder.
- Scrod is not a particular type of fish. Instead, scrod stands for "School Catch Run Of the Day". So when you order scrod, you're getting a random fish of the day, usually cod.
- Atlantic Salmon is only farmed raised and because of this, tastes the same no matter where you get it from. (This is usually a hot button argument with many people as they claim that they can tell the difference).
- Pacific Salmon, on the other hand, does taste different based on where it's from because it's not farm raised (for the most part, although this is changing)
- Let's not forget about lobster love..
- It is highly illegal to harvest the body of a stone crab, you're only allowed to break the claws off then you've gotta toss 'em back.
- Ocean water affects the flavor of oysters and Wellfleet Oysters are the hallmark.
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of my last seafood dish at school, I somehow managed to forget my camera on Monday. But to make up for that, I do have pictures from the last day of cake making; chocolate cake day. Yes, a day where by 3:30 PM there were 10 chocolate cakes and a positively fantastic caramel ice cream floating around the school's kitchen. I came home reeking of chocolate and buttercream, not too bad of a thing if you ask me. I was responsible for making a Chocolate Buttercream Kahlua cake, which I liked the look of but thought it was a little too sweet for my liking. In other news, next week is pasta. Can I even begin to tell you how excited I am about this?