9.06.2011

The New SBK

Hello friends, food lovers and cooking fanatics alike and greetings from the new, slightly bigger (yet still pretty small) Boston Kitchen! I've finally moved and while I'm still busy unpacking boxes and turning my new apartment into a home, I couldn't help but share some pics and favorite aspects of my new kitchen...


My new apartment has the luxury of a little more space and larger appliances (hallelujah!) and I'm psyched that I've got a gas stove. As you can see, counter space is still very limited but the kitchen itself is bright and has plenty of room to move around in comfortably. Additionally, I'm giddy about the ample storage and closet space. I just feel so organized and like that things are much more visible and ready for use.


One of my very favorite aspects of my new kitchen is the fact that I've organized all of my dried beans, rices, and grains into Ball jars and lined them up on a shelf - it looks like pure art!


Ahh, just looking at that makes me excited! I cannot wait to start really cooking in my new kitchen, just a couple more boxes to unpack (I still haven't found my silverware..) and then I'll be back to cooking up a storm!

9 comments:

Mom said...

Wow! Everything looks fabulous!! I love all the Le Creuset!! Woohoo!! I cannot wait to come and visit....I've got my fingers (and toes) crossed for good luck to come next month!! <3

Jen said...

Yay! Can't wait to see what you cook up in the new SBK.

Barbara | Creative Culinary said...

So will you be renaming your site now; maybe the 'Not as Small Boston Kitchen' perhaps? :)

Love that your Mom left a comment. My children read my blog and never do so I'm beyond envious. Or they say they do. :)

Lisa Johnson said...

Congrats on the move! Love the Ball jars. Everything looks so nice and organized. The chill in the air and the ingredients on the shelf are making me think that it's time to make some soup. : )

The Small Boston Kitchen said...

Thank you all so much! And Barbara, I love that my Mom leaves me comments too :)

Halley said...

Very nice rack of pots + pans! I hope you like your new kitchen. Wish we had been able to chat this evening at the blogger dinner but looking forward to keeping up with your blog!

Maren (Maren's Morsels) said...

I love the idea of putting things in jars! Your's are so cute on the wooden shelf. I definitely would want your kitchen.

Elena said...

Congratulations! So elegant and so handy.

Beth said...

I love the kitchen!! So cool with all the mason jars. I couldn't be happier for you. :)

What's Hot From The Small Boston Kitchen