Instructions for getting the most out of your trip to the Publick House (www.eatgoodfooddrinkbetterbeer) in Washington Square:
1. Know that unless you go during an off time, you will wait an incredibly long time to get a table
2. Go in the winter. The dark atmosphere pairs exceptionally well with snow flurries or freezing rain. As does their menu of delicious comfort food and hearty beers.
3. Go with a group of friends that like to laugh a lot and have fun. Not only will you wait a long time to get a table, you wait even longer to get food. It helps if you are with people that make you laugh by telling hilarious stories, jokes, or something like that.
4. Be open minded when it comes to beer. There are only about a bajillion beers that they serve here. Be adventurous. Try something new. Try something you can't pronounce. Why not, right?
5. Don't leave your elbows on the table for too long. Chances are, they might get stuck there.
6. Order the mac and cheese. It just might be one of the most amazing dishes this side of the Mississippi. Made with a rich four cheese sauce and a plethora of add ins to choose from, this dish rocks my red sox. It appears in front of you, piping hot with a crusty cheesy exterior. Once you bite into to the orecchiette pasta, you hit the molten hot center and cheese runs out all over the place. It is what I imagine heaven to be like. My personal mac and cheese combination has always been a mix of spinach, mushroom and andouille sausage and I will never look back. Never.
7. If you carefully follow all of the above instructions, you will find yourself at the end of the night with your cheeks hurting from laughing so hard, a full, yet happy stomach full of mac and cheese, and a new favorite winter destination.
What's Hot From The Small Boston Kitchen
Forget the New Year's diets and resolutions, I say let's start 2012 off on a sweet note - with a Starbuck's inspired cookie. ...
I'd like to ask you to consider the meatball for a moment. Humble in stature, it doesn't receive nearly as much attention as it de...
Philly Cheesesteak Mac and Cheese Last week I did a demo at the Coolidge Corner Meat House featuring my Philly Cheesesteak Dip . Once I h...
Yesterday I posted pictures of a tasty little hors d'oeuvres that I had made in school this week and then I never included the recipe....
I always seem to have a freezer full of bananas. You see, I'm extremely high maintenance when it comes to my bananas. I like them just ...
Pierogies, after a quick fry in some butter I can't help but think of my Babcia every time I make pierogies. The way she shuffled he...