8.28.2010

Day 2: International Food Bloggers Conference

This morning I woke up to a giant cup of Starbucks coffee (hooray!), a great view of the Space Needle, beautiful green scenery and lots (and lots and lots) of food talk.  Man!  Am I in the right company or what?  The morning started off with a trek to the Theo Chocolate Factory.



There, we were greeted with a sweet little breakfast including assorted delicious baked goods, fresh berries while we waited for the day to start.  Clearly, I opted for a diet plate, chock full of a variety of breads.  My favorite was a little loaf-sized bread that was delightfully crusty and floured on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside and full of cinnamon flavor and dried fruits.   

 

Once the breakfast was finished up, it was time for the panels.  I'll admit it, I totally geeked out.  I was so engrossed with all of the excitement of the event and I'm now wicked inspired to get back in my kitchen and get to what I love the most, creating recipes and writing all about it.  Right before we broke for lunch, we had an activity.  Describe a lemon, using your 5 senses.  We were challenged with really thinking about the lemon and how to "think outside the box" when describing it.  



Once we were done playing around with some lemons, we had a special lunch created by some wonderful local chefs and paired with some Walla Walla wines (PS, Walla Walla might be my favorite new location ever.  I mean how fun is that to say?  Try it. Say it out loud.  I'm serious.  It's really fun!).  Getting back to food, my favorite lunch item was the steak tartar.  It was deliciously seasoned with capers and served with crusty bread and lemony arugula.  Outstanding.  




Okay, back to the conference!  But before I shut down, here's a glimpse of my makeshift desk:


Not bad, huh?  Okay for real, back to learning!  

4 comments:

C.G. the Foodie said...

Love your commentary! It was nice meeting you this weekend.

Beth B. said...

"wicked" huh? Good thing you are bringing a bit of Mass with you. :)

Glad to hear you are having fun!

Nancy said...

Sounds like a beautiful place. Can't wait for you to try the recipes out on us!

Delicious Dishings said...

Walla Walla -- ha ha. You made me smile. Glad to hear you're having fun and learning so much!

What's Hot From The Small Boston Kitchen