9.11.2010

The SBK Disclaimer

It occurred to me that at a little over 200 posts put up, that I should share my disclaimer with you.  I've hinted at it from time to time but haven't actually put it out there in writing and I think as a food blogger, it's important for me to spell it out. Sure, this might not be as riveting of a post as a must-try recipe or the new local hot-spot but the fact of the matter is that this is important for me to share my values as they pertain to this blog.  To make it easier to navigate, I've broken down the points I'd like to make into four sections.  From time to time, I'll be adding to this as I see fit (or as I remember things!).

1. As this blog is all about the endeavors of a non-trained home-cook whipping up creative bites from a wicked small (Boston) kitchen, all of the recipes are created by me, the photographs are taken by me and writing is all mine, unless otherwise noted.

2. Restaurant reviews are subjective and are based upon my tastes, likes and dislikes.  I include them because it's hard to live in such a wonderful city as Boston, eat out, and not want to share that experience with you all by writing about it.

3. From time to time, I receive free stuff.  Be it a particular product, a dinner at a new local restaurant or other promotional items such as t-shirts and water bottles, I accept these items because I work hard on my blog and I unfortunately don't get paid for it.  I spend my own money on ingredients and my camera wasn't cheap.  Accepting these items also gives me a way to keep in tune with what's out there and relay that to you, without having to spend more of my money.  While the receiving of such items may prompt me to write a post, I will express my opinion honestly and I will tell you when the item/meal/whatever the case might be that I received was provided to me.  I don't get compensated in any way for writing favorable reviews.

4. I love getting comments on my blog as well as emails from readers.  Hearing others opinions on topics makes me happy and creates a great sense of community.  I love when people write to me asking for suggestions on what to make for a dinner party or where to go for the best cheeseburgers in Boston.  I do my very best to respond to each and every email that I receive and I value your feedback, thoughts and opinions...keep 'em coming!

I hope that this helps you to understand that each and every last word that I post is honest, fair and of my own thought and opinion.  No shadyness here, my friends.  That's just not how I roll!

Whew, now that that's out of the way, I'm off to enjoy my day!

Cheers!

No comments:

What's Hot From The Small Boston Kitchen