Spicy Pulled Chicken Tacos
Fast forward to tonight, after a long day of work rendered me mentally fried, I reached for something simple and fun. A satisfying heat from chipotle sauce smothered chicken that was surrounded by melted cheese and topped with tangy tomatoes and then folded into a neat little pocket of crunchy tortilla deliciousness. It was the perfect way to unwind and truth be told, it kinda brought out the kid in me all over again.
Pulled Chicken Tacos
Makes approximately 6 tacos
- 6 chicken tenders
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper (for the chicken)
- 6 taco shells (I just used store bought)
- About 3 tbs of chipotle (less or more depending on your heat preference!)
- About 1 tbs cumin
- A couple of generous pinches of coriander and cinnamon
- A couple of splashes chicken stock (or water is fine but I happened to have chicken stock on hand)
- About 2 tbs of tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional taco toppings such as tomatoes, cheddar cheese (or lettuce, onions, corn, sour cream, really whatever blows your hair back)
Very lightly coat the chicken with the olive oil and a thin dusting of salt and pepper. Bake the chicken at 400 until it cooked all the way through. In a medium bowl, combine the chipotle, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, tomato paste and chicken stock. Salt and pepper to taste.
With a fork, pull the chicken meat into shreds. Toss the chicken in the sauce (if you're not starving, let it sit in the sauce for a bit to soak up all the juices and concentrate the flavors). Assemble the toppings and then start building your taco.
What's Hot From The Small Boston Kitchen
Yesterday I posted pictures of a tasty little hors d'oeuvres that I had made in school this week and then I never included the recipe....
Yesterday I left a little bit of a cliffhanger at the end of my post (oh how dramatic of me) and promised that I'd show you a little t...
A lamb recipe contest...what could be more fun than that? I've always thought of lamb as an underdog in the protein world full of steak...
Fried Mashed Potato Cakes with Cheddar Mustard Sauce Mashed potatoes, fried in cake form until golden brown, crispy and crunchy on the ou...
When I first started really exploring Chinatown, Gourmet Dumpling House came up in nearly every discussion and was always strongly recomme...
Everyone has their own definition of comfort food and while tough to formally define what it is because it changes from person to person, ...