6.19.2010

My Morning Fix

Hello.

My name is Katie and I'm an addict.

"Hi Katie"

It's true.  I'm totally addicted to coffee.  Not a jittery "I've gotta have a cup in my hands at all times" type of addict but I do need my morning cup; a splash of milk or cream and a splenda, please.  I love everything about coffee; the smell of it first thing in the morning, the taste and how it is just so comforting to wrap your hands around a nice steamy cup of coffee as I start my day.  And relaxing over a cup of coffee on a beautiful Saturday?  Absolute heaven.

Being such a fervent lover of my morning cup of joe, you can understand my frantic state of panic when my trusty little Cuisinart Grind and Brew bit the dust.  I broke out in a cold sweat of denial.  Clearly, something needed to be done, and fast.  So I got to work, scouring the internet for a new coffee pot and after much research, decided that single-brew coffee pots were the way to go.  Less mess, less cleanup, no coffee filters; sign me up!

While my decision was made, the challenge arose when I looked at how big some of these single brew pots can be!  (After all, it's not called the Small Boston Kitchen just to be cute, my kitchen is really flipping small!)  You can imagine my excitement when  I came across Keurig's mini single cup brewer - it's like it was made for small kitchen's everywhere!  I've had this for a couple of weeks now and I absolutely love it.  It's just so easy and I love the minimal clean-up involved.  There's just one little catch that came along with my sweet little coffee maker; the need to purchase K-cups, which are those tiny little plastic single serving cupfuls of coffee grounds.  I had seen k-cup coffee packs in bunches of 12 at the grocery store but I didn't want to have to worry about this every week and a half and, being the coffee addict I am, I wanted more.  So I turned to the unlikely source of Twitter, came across the company Coffee for Less and I contacted them to see what they're all about.  Turns out, they are all about getting coffee into the hands of addicts like me, and at wicked great rates. These guys really care about coffee and are very knowledgeable, they are fellow bloggers too and even have a whole blog devoted to k-cups.  These are my type of guys.

To celebrate the arrival of my new coffee maker, they generously sent me a package of Newman's Own Extra Bold Special Blend,.  This coffee was an excellent balance of eye-opening goodness without too much bite.  Enough to pump you up for the day but not bitter like some bold coffees can be.  It was actually rather smooth.  It was perfect compliment to my Saturday morning, mixed with a touch of milk and a splenda packet and my copy of June's Bon Apettit.  What better way to start off the weekend?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I go to bed, I think about how comfy my bed is and waking up to a cup of coffee!

Delicious Dishings said...

I love my Keurig! I've never heard of Coffee for Less. I'll have to check it out. We use Green Mountain's Cafe Express and get free shipping.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get up in the morning without my keurig. Amazon sometimes has great sales on k-cups also

rachaelgking said...

I need one of these keurigs at my office...

What's Hot From The Small Boston Kitchen